The Carey School Campaign
For 90 years, The Carey School has been a leader in elementary
education in the Bay Area. Generations of families have chosen
The Carey School because they share our mission of embracing
childhood exploration and self-discovery.
Together, we have an opportunity to do more for our
current students and be better positioned to serve
generations of students to come.
Today, our vibrant and highly-respected program is being hindered by our outdated physical facilities. Our single-story, 1950s building, serving the 1st and 2nd grades, needs significant upgrades. Our teachers need more space for curricular and extra-curricular programs than our existing multi-purpose room can support. Our courtyard is an under-utilized space that could extend learning in and out of the classroom and enhance our community experience.And our endowment, while small but growing, needs to grow to provide greater, long-term support for financial aid, faculty benefits, and innovative programs.
“As we look–Duncan Lyon,
to the next decade,
we are expanding
possibilities for student
learning to do better what
we do everyday -
Head of School
THE NEW BUILDING
- 2-story, 6150 square foot building
- Four classrooms (892 square feet each)
- 968 square foot multipurpose room with elevated, 2-story ceiling
- Five meeting rooms and an office for breakout groups and flexible learning spaces
The Expanded Courtyard
- 15,000 square feet of renewed space
- Improved functionality and design
- Flexible seating at modular tables for outdoor learning
- Durable, retractable shades for more frequent use
- School-wide gathering space virtually all year long
- Will allow for reliable income to provide long-term support for our financial assistance and curricular programs
- Enable us to continue to attract & retain
- Continue to serve a richly diverse
The Carey School is at a milestone moment. We have an opportunity to do more for our current students today and be better positioned to serve generations of students to come.